Thursday, February 11, 2010

For My Beautiful Blonde Invalid

Since my roommate went away

I don't know how to face the day

But I know that she's in pain

So I'll try not to complain.


Last night I slept in Marie’s room

She helps to ward off the gloom

But it will creep back in soon

In Katelyn’s absence I find no boon.


Her surgery went really swell

Now her body won’t rebel

And even though she’s now unwell

Soon she will leap like a gazelle.


I hope that she’s not too hurt

To watch some Glee and laugh at Kurt

Or find a cute resident and get her flirt

On, even if she doesn’t have a skirt (On).


For now she can’t do the Hoedown Throwdown

But please, dear Katelyn, don’t frown

For soon enough you’ll dance around

Even if Asbury makes you skip town.


And now I’ll end this silly rhyme

Because I think it’s a lyrical crime

But remember, Katelyn, you’re really divine

And as for roomies—you’re all mine!

2 comments:

  1. :) :) this made me smile. I miss you. There's really nothing else for me to say. I can't wait to see your beautiful face again! love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and...i'm not blonde anymore...?? hehe...

    ReplyDelete